Thursday, June 1, 2017

She was clothed with Strength

 
Yesterday was two years since my Sister Amparo went to be in her heavenly home. She left all of us here in tears. For years she had suffered with health issues, but no one would of thought she was having any difficulties unless you knew her. When she went in a room she had a way of making people smile, start a conversation and soon you would hear laughter. She had a handful of reasons to have lived a depressed life but yet she would put on her biggest smile and danced like no one was watching. That's just who she was. I cried so much the day I saw her funeral announcement on that website. It was real, she finally went to be with Jesus. So many mixed emotions inside, I felt like screaming and at the same time I knew she was where her soul longed to be. She was finally free, no pain, no meds, no worries, or heart aches. Still it was very painful, and still is cause we miss her. I have so many memories, she would take me to the park and buy me gansitos (Mexican cakes), and spend time with me. I lived with her a few years just cause it was like home to me cause she would spend more time with me than anyone else. If I could say one word to describe her it would be the word STRENGTH, she was always so brave and strong. No wimp in her camp. She would always get up and keep going. Her prayers when she was young and was facing serious health issues then was to see her kids grow up, the youngest one her son Andrew was 17 or 18 if I'm  not mistaken when she passed away. There are things that cant be understood, her leaving is one of them. The one who would do a cartwheel to make you laugh after a rough day when she herself had deep scars was gone. Like  warrior who fought until the end. Her life just inspires so much strength, she endured so much. She didn't crumble. She lived life and made the best out of it. She danced in the rain. I miss you Amparo, I miss your umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment